Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Turn

Well, I guess I should add a recipe to this blog and since this meal has been requested for tonight's dinner I will share it with you all. This is REALLY good - even if you don't think you will like - it was brought to us after we had Matthew and we almost threw it out without trying it but I just couldn't do that so I tasted it and LOVED it. We all liked it so much that I had to get the recipe. Now we have it quite often. Hope you enjoy it!

Thai Chicken and Sugar Snap Peas

3/4 cup Italian Dressing
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into pieces
2 Tbls Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 Tbls honey
2 Tbls soy sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 bag sugar snap peas
8 oz thin spaghetti, cooked and drained

Pout 1/4 cup of Italian Dressing over cut up chicken and toss to coat. Cover and regrigerate 1 hour to marinate (I have, in a pinch, skipped this part and just added the dressing when cooking the chicken and it worked fine).

Mix 1/2 cup dressing, crunchy peanut butter, honey, soy sauce and crushed red pepper with a wisk. Set aside.

After 1 hour cook and stir the chicken in a large skillet on medium heat until cooked thru. Add sugar snap peas; cook and stir an additional 3 - 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chicken and spaghetti to the dressing mix. Toss to coat and serve immediately.

It is so easy to make and I have been known to pull this off in under 30 mins.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

LOL, Michelle! I think I would have had that feeling, too. I bet it's the peanut butter that makes it a little more kid-friendly. I bet my kids would at least try it for that reason.